Hello Matador Students and Parents!
Here are some important items to be familiar with for the start of the 2nd quarter.
- Monday, October 12th is a teacher in-service day – NO SCHOOL!
- Students will begin the second semester on Tuesday, October 13th.
- Students will have new schedules beginning next Tuesday, October 13th. Schedules are being prepared and will be available in Infinite Campus by Monday afternoon, October 12th.
- Some students will have new teachers.
- ALL students will attend live classes daily Monday through Friday instead of on the MWF schedule from the first nine weeks. This is the schedule of classes for all classes (VIRTUAL and IN PERSON) beginning next week:
- Students will receive LIVE instruction for half of each class period each day and will have time to complete the Florida Virtual and other assignments for the second half of the class. The teacher will be available online and in person for the entire class period every day.
- Class links will change. Students must use the new links in order to attend the correct classes. Teachers will send new links by Monday evening.
- Related arts classes will have live instruction for the entire class period.
- Integrated Math I and II will have live instruction for the entire class period daily.
- Students who have opted to return to school will do so beginning Tuesday, October 27, for 5th and 6th graders and Wednesday, November 4, for 7th and 8th graders. All students will remain in virtual school until these dates. Those who have opted to remain in virtual school will continue to do so even after students who elected to return to the school building return.
- Related arts classes and Integrated Math I and II will have both in person and virtual students in each class.
- Those students who return to school for in person learning will not dress out for P.E.
- All students who return to school for in person learning must wear a mask throughout the entire day. Students will enter through the bus loop doors based on grade levels if riding a bus to school and through the main entrance door if a car rider or walker. Students will check their own temperatures using the automated temperature scanning machines upon entering the building.
- Parents and visitors will not be allowed in the building except for PTO Executive Board members who must enter the building for official business.
- More information will be forthcoming as we get closer to the time students return to in person learning.
- There will be bumps with the new schedules, links, times, etc. Please bear with us.