How do we support student talent development?
- Learning opportunities that match student’s level of ability instead of age or grade level.
- Significant levels of academic challenge in the domain of student’s talent and/or interest through collaborative work opportunities with gifted peers during school hours.
- We provide program choice for students to explore and grow their interests and talents: GATE Advanced Mathematics, GATE Creative Writing, GATE STEAM.
GATE Advance Mathematics
- Accelerated curriculum and comprehensive enrichment through cognitive puzzles, creative tasks, and advanced proof and reasoning techniques.
- History of mathematics, examining the development of key mathematical ideas.
- Ability and mastery based individual learning paths in Stanford University developed mathematics software – REDBIRD, followed by ALEKS – award winning math software
GATE Creative Writing
- Practice advanced writing skills in an academically challenging environment.
- Learn creative writing through advanced style, form, and editing techniques.
- Opportunity to publish work annually at school.
- Standards aligned and content based Complex Thematic Units designed to provide advanced learning opportunities for gifted and talented students.