REVISED PHASE-IN SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS
As a result of the winter weather, MNPS is adjusting the phase-in of students back into school buildings for in-person learning:
5th grade students will return Tuesday, Feb. 23 (originally scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 18)
Grades 6, 7, and 8 will return Friday, Feb. 26 (originally scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 25)
Each day prior to the return of students will be an asynchronous learning day for those grade levels about to return. This will give teachers and staff time to prepare for the return of students.
This phase-in process is for students whose families chose the in-person learning option in September or December. Those who chose virtual learning will remain virtual for the rest of the school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
As we prepare for in-person learning, we’ve compiled a FAQ based off incoming questions from parents and students. You can view this document here. This document will address questions and answers on:
- COVID-19 precautions, exposures, masks, social distancing and more
- Car and bus riders, walkers, and general logistical information
- Classroom information, recess, lunch, related arts and more
- What you need to know about your student’s electronic devices
Students will not have lockers this year. Thus, they will need to carry all materials in their backpacks to class. Thus, less is better. Paper, pencils/pens, laptops, and folders are key items. However, our wonderful staff has compiled a list of suggested supplies that you’ll need:
- 5th Grade (Opens in PDF)
- 6th Grade (link to Google Doc)
- 7th Grade (Link to Google Doc)
- 8th Grade (Opens in PDF)
Other Important Information
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS WHO WILL REMAIN IN THE VIRTUAL MODE WILL CONTINUE WITH THEIR SCHEDULES WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. THE ASYNCHRONOUS DAYS LISTED ABOVE DO NOT APPLY TO THEM.
- School starts at 8:55 and ends at 3:55
- The building opens at 8:40 a.m. Students cannot be dropped off early unless enrolled in the YMCA Fun Company or early morning study hall (already full).
- Parents and visitors are not allowed in the building except for PTO Executive Board.
- Students will self-scan their temperatures upon entering the building using the automated temperature check machines.
- Students must wear their masks over their mouths and noses for the entire time that they are on the school campus except for times when eating breakfast and lunch. Failure to follow this requirement will result in suspension or expulsion from school.
- Students cannot eat or drink in the classrooms.
- Students will remain in their homeroom classroom for the duration of the school day except for related arts time. Teachers will rotate instead.
- Students enrolled in physical education (PE) will not dress out and will not be permitted in locker rooms.
- Car riders will be dismissed from their homerooms as parents arrive and names are called. Students must exit the building and move directly to their vehicle once their names are called.
- Bus riders will be dismissed by bus number. Students must wear their masks at all times while riding the busses. Failure to do so will result in the loss of bus riding privileges.
- Cell phones are to be turned off and put away while on school busses and while inside of the school building.
- Students are to bring their laptop computers and chargers with them to school each day. We will provide laptop cases to students on the first day back in the building.